C-47 SKYTRAIN – “WARBIRD”
s/n – 42-100903 / 19366
An interesting aircraft with spectacular world war II history. Partially disassembled for storage at this time. The aircraft has been subject to a very significant quantity of restoration work to date. The owner has provided a remarkable quantity of research substantiating the military history of this aircraft. Posted to operations with the 95th troop carrier squadron of the 440th troop Carrier group in the United Kingdom, 42-100903 served in all the major airborne operation in Europe during WWII.
There is work left to complete but when finished (and along with the vast quantity of work already competed) this aircraft will be among the nicest examples of the military C-47 Skytrain flying today.
- Total airframe time: 44,125.8 hrs.
- Engine #1 total time since Major: 1059.8 hrs
- Engine #2 total time since Major: 105.7 hrs
- Prop #1 total time since Major: 0.0 hrs
- Prop #1 total time since corrosion inspection: 0.0 hrs
- Prop #2 total time since Major: 0.0 hrs
- Prop #2 total time since last corrosion inspection: 0.0 hrs
- FAA AD compliance history see attached images
- Time since last wing pull – AD inspection: wings currently removed at this time.
- Current cabin seating configuration (number of seats): Military
- This aircraft is currently operated under not airworthy at this time
- This aircraft is currently inspected in accordance with an Owner Established inspection program (OEIP) Note – not airworthy at this time.
- The next inspection is due: Note – not airworthy at this time.
- This aircraft does not currently have any operational de-ice equipment
- This aircraft is Pratt and Whitney R-1830-92 powered
- This aircraft is currently operated at 26,900 lbs gross weight
Phone: 503-678-6622 | Info@flyaerometal.com | www.AerometalInternational.com
#903 – some of the records at NARA
JR 4 pages
JR AD Log
1945 03 26 – Mission Varsity 95th TCS #903 is #17 with glider 061